Saturday 7 September 2013

A coin purse for Ella



I am an absolute sucker for pretty fabric and I can't walk past a Lincraft or Spotlight store without having a quick peek, even though I have absolutely no idea how to sew.  Perhaps I don't give myself enough credit... I can sew on a button or do a basic hem (the button might not actually line up with the hole and the hem might not actually be straight but it does the trick), but that is as far as my expertise goes, however that doesn't stop me from buying said pretty fabrics thinking that just maybe, one day I'll learn or do something crafty with it.

The other day I was surfing the net and remembered the Purl Bee website which I hadn't looked at in a very long time, but recalled that it had some beautiful craft ideas on it.  I spent ages ogling all the beautiful knitted pieces and sewing projects and wished that I could sew or knit.  I came across the cutest little coin purses and remembered some fabric I had tucked away in the cupboard which would be perfect for that purpose.

While shopping today I walked past Lincraft and ducked in to see if they had any of the coin purse clasps.  They did and they were surprisingly cheap so I decided to buy a few thinking that I could make one for Ella.  Now, as I said, I don't know the first thing about sewing but surprisingly I created the little beauty pictured above in about half an hour, all sewed by hand!  I was most impressed with myself.  It's most definitely not the neatest job but I think it's gorgeous and can't wait to make more with my other scraps of fabric.  Ella loves it and I am thinking of making some for her little friends to give at Christmas time.

Maybe it's time to stop saying 'one day' I'll learn to sew, and actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment