Sunday 1 January 2012

New Years Day

The sun was shining in the window when I opened my eyes this morning and Ella was still asleep at 7am.  I couldn't believe it.  Normally she is babbling away merrily in her cot from 6am (or earlier).  Instead of going to get her up I snuggled with Timmy, something that happens very rarely these days since I usually have to jump out of bed to feed bubba.  It almost felt like the old days when we could get up and out of bed whenever we wanted because we didn't have any responsibilities.

It wasn't long before Miss Ella was awake and we brought her into our bed.  She is always so happy in the morning and flashes her gummy smile at us as soon as we walk in her room.  I love watching her and Tim interact.  Hearing her squeal with delight as he pulled funny faces and said silly things to her melted my heart.

Today we met up with my best friends for lunch at Darling Harbour at a seafood grill.  Thanks to our tame night in last night we were feeling great and I had to laugh at all the hung over people hauling their butts home from a massive night out in the city.  With no hang over in sight for us we enjoyed a great afternoon in the sun drinking and eating delicious seafood amid lots of laughs and inappropriate banter about "bearded clams".  Don't ask...


What a lovely lazy day to start the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment