Monday 2 January 2012

Bay Walk...



So, one of the things that I have vowed to do this year is get back into shape.  What a cliche!

I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted and wouldn't put on any weight, then my metabolism decided to turn against me (plus I stopped being as active as I used to be) and slowly I have been gaining weight.  Although I am definitely not obsessed with being a size 8 or anything like that, I do recognise that I need to get fitter and start looking after myself more.  I want to be a positive role model for Ella in terms of food and exercise so this is added motivation for me.

When I was pregnant I gained around 14 kilo's and I was so pleased when I lost 10 of those kilos within a month.  But slowly I have started to gain some of the weight again, not helped by the fact that I have eaten a truckload of chocolates, left over ham and all the other leftovers that come with Christmas time.

Today was hot!  But I got a bee in my bonnet about starting to get more active and decided that we had to do the Bay Walk.  Surprisingly Tim agreed, despite the fact that he had spent all morning in the sweltering heat pulling out our old retaining wall.

I felt good as we meandered around the Bay in the afternoon sun.  It was peaceful... until Ella started crying for the last 3 kilometers!  Oh well, it was still a nice way to spend the afternoon and a good way to kick off our goals for better fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment