Monday 16 January 2012

Cousins

My brother has two gorgeous boys, Blake and Josh who are 10 and 7 years old.  They stayed the night at Nanny and Poppy's for a couple of nights as my brother and sister in law have returned to work and the kids are still on school holidays.  They love staying at Nanny and Poppy's and Nanny and Poppy love having them there.  It's so nice that they share such a special bond with their grandparents.

They are typical boys.  Always up to mischief of some kind, sweaty from running around like crazy and always with dirt underneath their fingernails from digging around in the garden.  Just the way little boys are supposed to be (and little girls if you were a tom boy like I was when I was little).  They love riding their motorbikes, scooters, skateboards and anything a little dare devilish.

Mum had an appointment one afternoon while they were there and since dad was at work, there was nobody to look after them and she didn't particularly want to take them as she knew they would get bored and agitated.  Enter Aunty Al!  Any excuse to see them and I'm there.

I took Ella over to mum and dad's place and was so surprised to see them playing nicely together - making origami of all things!  Something I never would have thought they would be interested in. Plus there were colouring books and pencils as well as domino's.  What happened to my little ruffians?

They have never been that interested in Ella.  Probably because she is so young and couldn't do much ... plus she's a girl.   But they both delighted in playing with her and helping her to roll over (a skill she has only just mastered in the last couple of days unassisted) and make her laugh.

It was so lovely to watch them interacting with her.  I can only imagine what they will be like when she is older.  I can just see her following them around like a little lost puppy wanting in on the action and to play with them and get that dirt underneath her fingernails too.  And I'm sure that they will just hate having a little girl tagging along on their adventures - or maybe they will surprise me like they did today and embrace my little ruffian too.

Blake, Ella & Josh


Origami photo frame



No comments:

Post a Comment