Saturday 28 January 2012

Diet starts tomorrow... no seriously!

Yesterday was Tim's birthday.  Because Australia Day fell on thursday he took yesterday off as well so that we could have an extra long weekend together and so far it's been really nice.  I took him out for a surprise lunch at Hurricane's Grill, his favourite rib place.  Tim was never really a big fan of ribs until we went to America a few years ago for a 3 month holiday, and it was then that his love affair with pork ribs began.

We stuffed ourselves silly, knowing that it would be our last pig out for quite some time.  We had ribs for main and then Tim had a sticky date pudding, and I had a chilli and cinnamon chocolate pudding - it was delicious!  The gooey inside was to die for...and I dare that say after eating that my arteries probably have a gooey inside also!





I've said a few times here before, I am not at my physical best right now.  I am carrying a bit of extra weight due to my love for snacking, giving birth to my baby girl (that was nearly 6 months ago though - am I still allowed to blame the pregnancy??), and the fact that I just don't spend enough time doing active physical exercise.  I'm not huge by any means, but I am not my healthiest.

I've never been a vain person who worried about my appearance or what other people thought about me or what I wore which is something that I'm proud of, but at the same time it's that little bit of vanity that drives you to be and look your best and sometimes you need that.  Since having Ella I realise now that my life isn't just about me.  It's about her too and what I choose to do and how I do it will affect her as I am her teacher.  I don't want her to learn bad eating habits and want her to be an active child who loves the outdoors and doing fun physical stuff just as much as I used to and I want to be able to do it with her and not just sit on the sideline.

So I have signed up to the 1 Million Kilo Challenge to get my weight loss kick started and I'm actually kinda excited about it.  To be honest, Tim signed us up and I don't actually know exactly how it works but I know you get a weekly meal planner with shopping lists, an exercise plan and lots of other tools to make things as easy as possible.  I'm about to jump onto the site and read all about it now so I know what I'm in for.

Wish me luck!

Oh, and in other news, Tim's sister gave birth to her a little baby girl today.  Welcome to the world Evie!  I can't wait to give you a huge cuddle!

1 comment:

  1. i have been contemplating the 1MKC myself. i need to lose some serious weight. good luck to you! i am finding the older i get the more complacent i am becoming about my extra weight. it really needs to go though. also congratulations on the birth of evie...such a sweet name. enjoy your day. keep us posted about the weight loss challenge. xo.

    ReplyDelete