Wednesday 26 June 2013

Rainy Days







Things have been very quiet in our household lately.  Apart from the fact that I have been recovering from a really bad cold (which I'm glad to say is almost completely gone) it has been raining basically non stop for the last week or so which means that we have been stuck inside most of the time.  This isn't all bad because it means that I have been able to rest a lot which is just what I need these days (I am 39 weeks pregnant this week and feeling every bit of it too).

We've been doing lots of baking, playing games, reading, colouring and there has been lots of lounging around on the couch in our pj's watching television and snuggling.  It's been so nice to have this quiet time with Ella before the new baby arrives.

I have to say that I am very much over the rain and cold though.  I don't do winter very well and I am already dreaming of sunshine and short sleeves again.




Tim and I celebrated ten years of being together not so long ago (oh how young we look in the pic above!).  That milestone, coupled with the fact that we felt like it might be the last time we would have some quality time together for some time, called for a date day (my first outing in over a week!).

Nanna kindly looked after Ella while we set off for a nice lunch at an Italian restaurant where I ate what was quite possibly the best garlic pizza I've ever tasted, followed by a movie.  We very rarely go to the movies but for Christmas we received some Gold Class tickets which had been gathering dust so we decided to use them otherwise they would have just expired (and those things aren't cheap!).

During lunch we reminiced about the days when we were free to do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted since we had no real responsibilities.  We talked about our first date which coincidently was dinner and a movie, how Tim ate lasagne and I ate a burger and then we sat in the cinema holding hands watching the Matrix.  Ten years later, a few more wrinkles and both now with more grey hairs than we'd like, I can happily say that I am still not sick of looking into those blue eyes of Tim's.

We saw World War Z in 3D which wasn't too bad for a zombie movie, ate chocolate sundaes and churros and laughed when we reclined our big leather chairs which made farting noises, just like we would have if we were 23 again.

Despite the fact that we say we wish we could be as carefree as we were when we were younger, our conversation always led back to Ella and the new arrival we are expecting and we wouldn't wish for anything different.  Sleepless nights included, because in the morning we always get to wake up to that beautiful smile and cheeky little girl who is the sunshine of our lives.

PS she has worn those 3D glasses that we got at the movies since we brought them home.  Five days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment