Wednesday 3 July 2013

The waiting game







We've been playing the waiting game around here lately.  Waiting for the sun to come out after two weeks of rain, and of course waiting for the new addition to our family to make his entrance.

I am happy to say our old friend, sunshine, has finally returned.  After two weeks of rain and overcast weather I am so pleased to see the sun and feel a little bit of warmth during the day.  

The first day of sunshine we had was on sunday afternoon.  We took Ella bowling on sunday morning as it was raining...again... and we were trying to think of something fun we could do with her to get us all out of the house.  I have to admit that I was a bit worried about how bowling would go - it could be really fun, or turn out to be a disaster if Ella wasn't into it.  Thankfully she had a great time.  From the moment she put her special bowling shoes I could tell she was going to have fun (her shoes were so tiny and she looked so cute in them!!).  It kept her amused for a whole game and she had such a look of pride on her face when she knocked the pins over.  She even beat Tim!!  I couldn't stop laughing at that one because Tim takes his bowling very seriously.

When we emerged from the bowling alley, the sun was out and the clouds had all but disappeared so we decided to go for a drive to get some lunch at Pie in the Sky before Ella was due for a sleep.  Yum!  A lamb, honey and rosemary pie later and an apricot takeaway pie later and this mama was a happy lady!  We went home and all had a nice afternoon nap and then decided that we would go for a long walk to the park to take advantage of the weather.  It was such a simple but nice family day.

They say that doing lots of walking can bring on labour but our long walk didn't do a thing.  My due date has been and gone and I am just feeling like I am in a stuck in some sort of limbo which is extremely annoying.  The upside however is that I have a final date to work towards - I have been booked in to be induced on Tuesday next week if nothing happens sooner.  So, at some point within the next 5 days I will have a beautiful baby boy in my arms.  So very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment