Thursday 20 June 2013

A very uneventful week


Last time I posted I was starting to come down with a bug and unfortunately it got worse.  I spent most of saturday in bed (which I never do) and didn't even venture out of the house once.  Sunday was pretty much the same.  The rest of the week until now has been very uneventful too - I've been keeping a very low profile.  Resting as much as possible.

Having the flu is bad at the best of times, but when you are only two weeks away from giving birth it feels like I've been hit by a tonne of bricks.  I haven't been this sick in a long time and I'm still not 100%, but definitely on my way to getting back to my normal self.

The only thing I could think about when I was at my lowest was that I really didn't want to go into labour feeling like this.  So far I haven't had any more niggling pains or anything to suggest that labour may happen any time soon.  A few weeks ago I was adamant that I felt like the baby was going to come early, but now I think I am in for the long haul and that I'll go over just like I did with Ella.  As long as I have time to recover fully before baby comes I'll be happy though.

The worst thing about being sick when pregnant is that you can't take any good drugs!  Give me pseudo-ephedrine any day if I have the flu under normal circumstances.  Panadol is just not cutting it.

Speaking of drugs, my obstetrician goes on holidays next tuesday so my next appointment is with his partner (who is a very reputable obstetrician also) and I am actually a little bit nervous now as I've heard that he is quite anti epidural.  I tried to go natural with Ella but it didn't happen and I opted to have an epidural which I definitely don't regret, and this time around I certainly don't want to be made to feel bad for choosing this option if indeed I do.

My saving grace this week has been my little BFF.  She's been such a good girl even though most of the time we've been stuck inside at home.  Her smile melts my heart and lifts my spirits and her singing and rambling chatter keeps me entertained to no end.

Gosh I love her.




No comments:

Post a Comment