Thursday 13 June 2013

Maternity Leave

Yesterday was officially my last day of work for a year as I go on maternity leave.  Yesterday I was over the moon but this morning I have woken up with a sore throat and runny nose and my little sidekick has also got a cold.  I feel like a train has hit me, Ella however seems to be in better spirits thankfully and is giving me a bit of a break.

It's not even 8.30am yet and this is what I am faced with:


A dog who has pulled apart  his bed in the middle of the night.  There is fluff all over the lounge room!


A very messy house.  Books and paperwork strewn everywhere!


A kitchen that looks like a bomb hit it


Toast for breakfast that I actually had to pick tiny bits of mould off because I haven't had a chance to go to the shops


Washing up galore complete with dead flowers to be disposed of


Swollen feet and I haven't even been on them for an hour!

All of a sudden going to work seems like such an easier option.  I am not going to be hard on myself today though.  This stuff can wait because quite frankly I can't be bothered.  Right now a cup of tea is my only saving grace and in all likelihood it will probably go cold before I even get to touch it.  I am just hanging out for 12.30pm when Ella has her nap so I can go back to bed myself!  And I pray to God that she sleeps for at least 2 hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment