Friday 7 June 2013

Getting my bake on!


Our kitchen was always a little sad and sorry looking.  When we first bought the house we said that we would definitely need to get a new kitchen.  There was so little cupboard space for storage, hardly any bench space and the oven and cook top had seen much better days.  We got by though for over two years, until the oven door basically fell off a few months ago and then we decided that we really needed to do something, and quickly before the new baby arrived.

Last week our new kitchen was installed and I love it.  It's nothing too fancy but it's a million times better than it was before and I absolutely love it.  They layout had to stay the same but everything has been updated (we just need to replace a few splash back tiles which were damaged during removal of the old kitchen).  I have cupboards to store things, brand new sexy appliances and I am feeling so inspired to cook!  I also can't wait to get Ella involved in cooking.  I think it's really important, but also lots of fun and it's something that I am really looking forward to sharing with her.

I haven't really had an opportunity to do much this week, but tonight we made home made pizza's.  Ella was a brilliant little apprentice chef and after our masterpieces came out of the oven we had a little carpet picnic.  It was basically the first time that Ella had eaten pizza and she loved it!  Archie was keen for some too - he's never far away from Ella when there's food away!





It's a long weekend this weekend so I'm looking forward to getting in there and doing some serious baking.  Our humble backyard lemon tree is brimming with fruit which the cocky's had been attacking, so we pulled them off the tree today before they stole any more and I think we'll bake a nice lemon cake or slice as well as a few other sweet treats. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment