Friday 3 May 2013

Thirty one weeks


I know that in a few months time I will be kicking myself that I didn't document as much as I would have liked or take enough photo's during my pregnancy, but I can't really be bothered to get all dressed up and pose for pictures, and I can tell by the way that Tim rolls his eyes at me that he's not really that keen on setting the camera up to take photo's of me every week so a dodgy Instagram self portrait will have to do for now.

I had an appointment with my obstetrician this week and everything is going along really well.  I am measuring slightly large for this period of gestation so I am likely to have another rather big baby.  I was overdue by ten days when I had Ella and my obstetrician said that this time if I had to go over the due date, he won't let me go that far to save a few hundred grams - thanks for that!

This baby boy loves to rock and roll!  I can't remember Ella moving around as much as he does.  I'm not just feeling kicks here and there, it feels like most of the day and night he is doing round house kicks in there!  Typical boy.

I am feeling well, although I am getting tired and have quite a sore back, but this is most likely because Ella always seems to want me to pick her up lately.  She definitely knows now that something is going on.  When she comes into bed with us in the morning she cheerfully says 'morning' to Tim and I and then says 'morning baby', pulls my pyjamas up and gives my belly a kiss.  It's just beautiful.  I can't wait to see her reaction when the baby actually arrives.

The countdown is well and truly on now...only 9 weeks to go.  Eek!  I can't wait for that newborn smell again, soft pink skin and gangly little legs.  Part of me just wants to keep him safe and tucked away inside my belly, but I am also really yearning to hold this little man close to my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment