Thursday 2 May 2013

A visit to Poppy's farm













ANZAC day was on a thursday this year so Tim took advantage of the public holiday and took friday off work so that we could have an extra long weekend.

Ella has a bit of a love / hate relationship with my dad at times.  Sometimes she screams when she's around him (mainly when she was younger) and other times he's the bee's knees.  At the moment we are in a stage of not being a fan of poppy at all.  Aside from being a great opportunity to get away for a few days we thought a trip to the farm might also provide an opportunity for some good bonding between Ella and dad!

Stress instantly lifted off my shoulders as we drove over the mountains and into the crisp autumn country air.  I love the smell of the bush and smoke from chimneys warming mountain homes.

The moment we arrived, Tim and I were treated like royalty.  My mum made us rest while she looked after Ella and dad did all the cooking for the weekend including a delicious Moroccan Lamb dish which I must remember to get the recipe for now that I think about it.  They took Ella when she woke early each morning so that we could sleep in and generally waited on us the whole time.  We were spoiled!

This is only the second time that Ella has been to the farm and I have to say that over the weekend I don't think she stopped smiling!  Poppy soon became Ella's best friend, mainly because of his tractor.  I have never seen her smile so much as when she sat on Poppy's tractor.  She spent most of the weekend on that thing, turning the steering wheel and pretending the beep a horn.

The weather was perfect the whole time.  Sunny and warm during the day with perfect clear blue skies and cool at night so that we could get cozy near the fire.  The only thing missing were the marshmallows which we forgot to buy on the way there - dang!

No comments:

Post a Comment