Friday 3 May 2013

Thirty Four












1:  I received a beautiful bunch of roses from a work colleague and got so many lovely messages and calls wishing me happy birthday - I was definitely feeling the love.

2:  Among other lovely gifts I received a Slow Cooker which I can't wait to use.  It will be great during Winter when we have two bubs.  I can just throw everything in in the morning and have a nice meal all prepared at night time, leaving me time to feed babies, bath babies, and put babies to bed at night, without then having to think about what to cook for dinner.

3:  So many lovely recipes in this book.  The cover picture has me salivating.

4:  Just me, my belly, a cuppa and some delicious Haigs Orange Chocolate (best chocolate ever!) while Ella had her nap.

5:  All dishes were left in the sink.  Who needs to do housework on their birthday? Not me!  Actually, you will find my sink looking like this more than just on my birthday but this time I just didn't feel guilty about it!

6:  I spent the afternoon with mum who made an impromptu high tea for me.  We ate scones and cakes and sipped tea from my great aunt's pretty china tea cups.

7:  Terrible photo of Tim and I because it was so dark but we went out for dinner while Ella had a sleep over at mum and dad's.  We went to a restaurant in Neutral Bay called "Blue Plate", a Southern American style restaurant.  Bufallo wings, Gumbo, followed by Pumpkin Pie for dessert.  Yum!  Needless to say we reminisced a lot about our holiday in America in 2008 (way back when we were young and care free!  ha ha)

8:  A blissful nights sleep without any interruptions and we even slept in til 8am!  We also snuck in a breakfast date before picking Ella up.

Perfect birthday - check!

No comments:

Post a Comment