Saturday 4 May 2013

Did she really just say that?



The other night I was watching Ella in the bath.  She was happily playing with her bath toys and rambling to herself like she usually does when all of a sudden I heard her say:

Knock, knock
Who's there?
Ella
Ella who?
Ella Race

Really?  I think I shook my head in disbelief wondering if I had actually heard what I thought I did.  She's been talking a lot more lately but usually a 3 or 4 word sentence is the extent of it which I am pretty impressed with anyway, but this?  Surely not.  That's a lot for a little girl to remember!

I called my mum straight after we finished the bath and asked if she had taught her this and sure enough, she had.  We're so lucky that when mum looks after her when I'm at work she is so committed to teaching Ella new things.  From the moment she walks in the door, to the minute she leaves, she is fully committed to Ella and in a very conscious way.  Her attention is undivided as they sing, read, play pretend games and just generally interact.  I had a very different experience with my Nanna when I was younger and I am so grateful that Ella has such a wonderful role model and she's been able to develop such a strong bond with her Nanny.  I hope she always remembers what a special woman she really is.

Every time I think of her in the bath saying that phrase, sounding just like Elmur Fudd with her L's and R's sounded as W's, I just can't stop smiling.  This little lady is growing up so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment