Friday 13 December 2013

MUSE






The last concert I went to was to see U2 back in 2007!  I haven't been to a single live music event since then... yes, I really am that boring.  I'm not even going to use my kids as the excuse.

I had a brief obsession with the song 'Madness' when it first came out last year and then slowly started listening to other MUSE songs and realised that I actually really liked them.  When they released tour dates and on chatting with my best friend who was also a fan, we decided we'd buy tickets.

I must admit that they had slipped off my playlist for a while until I realised that the concert was only a week away and I thought I'd better start listening to other songs from their new album so I actually knew some of the songs that they would perform.  We thought that we had tickets in the seated area but when we arrived we realised that we were actually in the standing section.  There was an eclectic mix of people there, young, old, die hard fans, try hard die hard fans (like us! ha ha) and so on.

The moment the set came into place for the start of the concert I knew I was going to love it.  The atmosphere was amazing, the set and lighting was awesome, Matt Bellamy was brilliant (I never realised what a talented musician he was, playing the guitar insanely well, and also the piano) and I had the best time.  I actually knew a lot more songs than I realised.  We even danced and jumped up and down to the songs just like the young folk did!  The show seemed to go on forever (in a good way) and I loved every minute of it.  
I left wondering why I didn't go to more live music events and so have vowed that next year I will make an effort to go to more concerts.  Tim and I had ummed and ahhed about going to see The National play in February next year, a band we both really like. For a relatively unknown band in Australia we thought the tickets were a little pricey and so weren't really sure if we were that keen to go, and soon enough we forgot all about it.  But when I woke up this morning still on my high from seeing MUSE, I jumped on the computer and bought tickets immediately to see them and am going to give them to Tim for Christmas.  Two birds, one stone!

1 comment: