Tuesday 31 December 2013

Ella, you make me laugh


We packed up the Christmas tree yesterday and got rid of the mountain of cardboard from all the toys that the kids were given on Christmas day.  All evidence of Christmas is now gone (apart from the extra 3 kg's I've put on!) and we're ready to start the new year.  

While we were packing everything away we came across a box of Christmas crackers with two lonely left over bonbons inside.  Ella and I popped them both since there was no use in keeping them until next year and we got a blue and a red paper crown, a pencil sharpener and a tiny deck of cards and two lame jokes which I am sure have been in high rotation in bonbons since 1982.

I read my joke to Ella and asked her to tell me what her piece of paper said (she actually had the joke in the pic above but of course she can't read).  She looked at me square in the eyes nodding her head and said "mama, umm (thinking for a second), it says Ella can eat some brownies".  We made some chocolate brownies on Christmas eve and she was pestering me morning, noon and night to eat them but I kept on telling her no because she'd been eating far too much crappy food over the holiday.   I could not stop laughing at her serious looking little face, and then she cracked up too.  I can't believe the sense of humour this little girl has.  She's not even two and a half yet!

I had to give her a brownie for her creativity.  My goodness the things that come out of her mouth make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment