Saturday 17 August 2013

Ella and her potty

A few months ago Ella started letting us know when she was doing a poo or wee.  Since she was aware of when she needed to go to the toilet I wanted to start to potty train her but it was winter time and I really didn't like the thought of having to do endless washing which I wouldn't be able to dry from little accidents.  Instead I was going to wait until it warmed up and I could let her run around with no nappy on and it wouldn't matter if she didn't make it to the potty in time.

We put the potty away and I hadn't really thought much about it until today when I saw Ella with her poo face on (she has a very distinct look on her face when she is doing a poo which Tim and I always laugh at).  I asked if she wanted to sit on the potty and she was very excited so we pulled it out and on it she sat.  After about five minutes of sitting there and no action she started calling out "pooey, where are you?" I couldn't stop laughing.  "It's not coming" she then said so we decided to put it away for now.  Better luck next time baby.

A little bit later on she asked to sit on the potty again.  I thought it was just a novelty for her but when she proudly exclaimed that she had done a wee and I asked her to stand up to see, she had indeed done a wee.  A little bit later she stood up and she had done a poo.  I couldn't believe it and was so proud of her.  She was also proud as punch of her achievement.

My baby is on her way to being a big girl.  Now, please pass me the tissues so I can wipe the tears from my eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment