Friday 21 December 2012

Christmas is here!







Christmas is our busiest period at work so instead of winding down like most people, our workload increases drastically so I usually end up doing everything at the very last minute although each year I vow that that won't happen.  On the 1st December I was very proud of myself as I set up the Christmas tree and started to get into the Christmas spirit.  Unfortunately it kind of ended there...until last week.

I am happy to say that the house has been decorated, presents bought and wrapped, cards made and sent, ham purchased (very important!! YUM!) and I don't feel like a crazy woman rushing around getting these things done at the last minute like I usually do.

I love to make things for other people, particularly baked goods, and would have loved this year to give home made presents but unfortunately I just haven't had the time to do that.  As I shopped the other day I couldn't help be turned off a little bit seeing all the junky things that people are selling and buying just for the sake of it.  Don't get me wrong, I love buying or receiving a great present, but sometimes I feel that I am just buying presents for the sake of it and it just seems wasteful.  This year I have tried to be more thoughtful with the gifts that I have bought people and also made an effort to buy gift cards from World Vision where families/communities will be given animals and resources from the money that is donated.  I hope people appreciate that.

Tonight I am off to a special Christmas dinner with my best girlfriends who I haven't seen in a while now.  I can't wait.  It's the first time that we've been together for a couple of months and I am planning on sharing my news about baby number 2 which is exciting.

Bring on Christmas, Family & Friends!

Photos:

1)  Merry Christmas from my cheeky little elf
2)  Our Christmas tree the day that we decorated it.  Ella has been surprisingly good with it.  We have only had one incident where she pulled at it and it fell over!  I was upstairs at the time and just heard her little voice say "Oh dear!" (this is her new favourite phrase)
3)  The snow globe I bought Ella for her first Christmas.
4)  Making cards with Ella
5)  We caught our first glimpse of our new little bub at an obstetrician appointment the other day.  Very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment