Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas Day







Well, Christmas has come and gone for another year.  All that anticipation and build up, and just like that, it's over.

Our living room turned into Santa's workshop on Christmas eve, with Tim putting together Ella's trike.  I think we were more excited about her reaction to it than she actually was when she got it!

Ella wasn't quite herself when she woke up on Christmas day.  Although she was happy with her trike, she was uninterested in opening all her other presents - still a bit young to understand what's going on I think and all a bit overwhelming.  Tim and I didn't go overboard with presents for each other this year, but I did receive a voucher for a pregnancy massage which I can't wait to have in a few months time.

We had lunch with my family which I always love.  Mum and dad do a full traditional Christmas hot lunch.  I can always remember Christmas as a child, our house full with the smell of roasting meat and vegetables, us all sweating in the searing heat, not helped by the fact that the ovens were going full force from early in the morning.  This year the weather was quite cool though so we were all comfortable inside the house, but that smell of a Christmas roast still took me back.

Dad cooked a delicious Turducken.  Some in our family were skeptical at first but it was a resounding success and did not disappoint.  For the next few nights we ate Turducken left overs - delicious fritters made by Tim as well as yummy grilled sandwiches.  We've also been gorging ourselves on left over pudding.  I'm glad that I can blame my expanding tummy on the baby this year!

In the afternoon we went to Tim's parents house for lunch.  More presents, delicious food and good company.

Although we had told our parents about the new bub, we were saving the news for all the other family members for Christmas day so we could tell them in person.  I've always loved Christmas for the family aspect but once you throw your own children into the mix it makes the day even more special.  I'm so excited to be adding to our brood!


No comments:

Post a Comment