Thursday 29 November 2012

Slow down


It's been over a month since we did a pregnancy test at home and found out that we were expecting again.  Tears of joy ensued.  I am obviously very excited about it but it is very different to last time.  Every morning after we found out that we were pregnant with Ella I would roll over and say to Tim "we're having a baby!".  It was all we could think about.  Now, when I wake in the morning it's at 5.30am when Ella starts calling from her cot and all I want to do is roll over and go back to sleep.  Then I get up and go about my daily things.  Cleaning the house, running around after a toddler, going to work etc etc.

Occasionally when I get a minute to myself I will sit down and put my hand on my belly and marvel at what's going on inside it, but most of the time I 'forget' that I'm pregnant and I feel extremely guilty about it!  It was only last night that I actually had a chance to physically see the doctor and finally get a referral for my obstetrician.  I just made an appointment now to visit him in a few weeks time so it all feels a little more real now.

Rest assured Little One, we're so happy you're here, mama just needs to slow down a little bit and be more present more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment