Friday 24 February 2012

In a funk

I haven't been myself lately.  At times I feel overwhelmed, like I'm a juggling clown trying to keep all these balls in the air - working, looking after Ella, doing things around the house, being a good wife and so on.  But lately I feel like all those balls are falling around my feet.  I am definitely in a funk of sorts right now.

I often feel like this though and I can recognise the cycle as it comes and goes.  Everything goes along smoothly and then all of a sudden I start to get restless and lose motivation and everything crumbles.  But, thankfully I can recognise when it's starting to happen. Luckily I have a pretty level head on my shoulders so I can talk myself back around and put things in perspective to see that maybe things just aren't that bad.  Make myself realise that sometimes those balls will fall to the ground inevitably, but that overall I am doing ok.

So today when I knew that things were getting the better of me I decided I would go out and enjoy the sunshine with Ella.  It would do us both good to get out of the house and get some fresh air.  We packed up a little picnic and drove to Cremorne Point.  One of my favourite places in Sydney.

We lay on a blanket together.  Ella drank and played and I ate a cupcake and had a good hard think about what was going on in my head and let go of all the things that didn't matter.  I honestly feel calmer and renewed in a way.  It's amazing what a cupcake and a bit of nature can do for you.











No comments:

Post a Comment