Wednesday 15 August 2012

In the blink of an eye

The title of yesterday's post was Happy Days.  It was a happy day.  It's funny how things can change in the blink of an eye.

Today my Godmother was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Mum looked after Ella today and as soon as I came home from work and walked in the door to see her face I could tell something was wrong.  She gave me the news and burst into tears and I hugged her as hard as I did when she told me that she had cancer.  This time I kept myself together though.  It's strange to think how roles reverse as you get older.  Mum was always the one that we would go to for support and to hear the words "It's all going to be ok".  Now I was the one holding her saying those words.

I was so sad to hear the diagnosis, but know that with her positive spirit she will be able to beat this, just like my mum did.

I am so sick of the 'C' word though.  I've heard it far too many times recently.


No comments:

Post a Comment