Monday 26 March 2012

The break I didn't know I needed

Lately I have been super busy with work.  I feel exhausted when I get home so I must admit that my house is not looking the best at the moment because I have been choosing to relax on the couch instead of doing housework.

A good friend of ours turned 40 last week and was celebrating with a weekend away.  Tim and I weren't sure if we would go because it was mainly family going and we didn't want to intrude.  But on thursday before the weekend they twisted our arm and so we ventured for our first little weekend away with Ella and I have to say that it was great.

The weather was amazing and they had hired a house right on a lake.  It was magical and it felt so good to feel the sun on my skin and to see Ella playing on the grass and in the water happily.  We had a little boat shed all to ourselves.  The water was literally about 2 meters from our bed!

Ella was on her best behaviour and had lots of fun...until they decided to let off fireworks in the middle of the night.  Let's just say she's not a fan!

Good food, good wine and good friends.  The tension lifted off my shoulders the moment we got there and I forgot all about work.

We need to do this more often!  But for now, I really should get this place cleaned up...

Packing the Esky

On the road to Lake Macquarie


Playing in the warm water

Sunset over the lake

See, I told you our bed was close to the water!!

Good morning!

Sunrise

Nice morning walk along the lake - bit chilly though at 7am!

Happy birthday Mick!

No comments:

Post a Comment