Monday 5 March 2012

Anniversary Date

I had been looking forward to today for quite some time.  It's been a while since Tim and I have been out together just on our own and actually been able to talk to each other properly and just focus on one another.  I miss those times and we both agree that we need to set aside time like this just for each other on a more regular basis.

Tim gave me tickets to the Picasso Exhibition for Christmas so we decided we would make a day of it and head into the city to see the exhibition and go out for a leisurely lunch.  We headed off to the city in the morning - I was excited.  The last time I had visited a museum was the MoMA when we were in New York, where incidentally we also saw some of Picasso's work.

The exhibition didn't disappoint.  Not me at least.  Tim on the other hand is not really an art buff and spent most of the time watching other people or staring a painting with a puzzled look on his face as he tried to work out how this could possibly be art.




After the exhibition we took a stroll through the drizzling rain down to Wooloomooloo Wharf where we had lunch and then we moseyed on up to Max Brenner and indulged in some chocolate mousse and hot chocolate.

It was so nice to spend a lazy day just the two of us.  We felt like tourists walking through the city looking at all the sites and it made me want to travel again.

The call of the day had to be when Tim stood in front of one of Picasso's paintings from his cubism period and proudly exclaimed "I think I see dick and balls!".  No Timmy, there is no dick and balls.  How did I end up marrying such a cultured man?  Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment