Tuesday 19 February 2013

The pits



 
Having a sick little one is just the pits.  Ella has picked up some kind of bug and hasn't been well for the last three days.  It started off as a sniffle and we thought she just had a little cold, but it escalated into vomiting yesterday (all over me as we were cuddling thank you very much) and now she's just limp and lifeless.  It's so hard to see your little one like that.  I miss my cheeky, nosy and inquisitive little friend. 

When we're at home together she doesn't stand still - always chattering to herself and busying herself with toys or books.  Yesterday she could barely muster the energy to hold her head up and was just staring off into space.  I held her all day long and she slept in my arms, something that she hasn't done in a long time and I was reminded how nice that is and that I should do it more often (if she'll be still for long enough).

We are off on holidays on the weekend so I am desperately hoping she makes a full recovery before then.

Until then I am more than happy to oblige with endless cuddles, kisses and hair stroking.

No comments:

Post a Comment