Saturday 15 September 2012

Under the weather

Our household has been pretty  quiet for the last week or so.  Last weekend I was hit with a bug that knocked me out.  I haven't been that sick in a long time.  Throat on fire, completely blocked nose and bad cough.  Not so nice.

Tim had been trying to fight the same thing off for a few weeks and Ella came down with a very mild version as well.  So we were all feeling a little sorry for ourselves.

I am finally starting to feel back to normal now and as I came out of the haze I had a new drive to get things in order.  I spent the day on friday sorting out all our paperwork in the computer room and starting a spring clean.  It felt good to do those things.

Yesterday all I felt like doing was cooking.  Four years ago Tim and I went to America for an extended holiday.  Best time of my life ever.  We loved New York (who doesn't) and ate the best pulled pork I've ever had there, so I decided to try and cook it myself.

I found a recipe here and set about cooking it slowly during the afternoon.  I'm happy to say that it turned out really well and was absolutely delicious - so tender and juicy.  Not quite the same as what we had in New York, but great none the less.  I'll definitely be cooking it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment