Friday 8 June 2012

Ella...10 months old



This is you at 10 months Ella.  You are into everything you can get your hands on!  Pulling everything out of the drawers, pulling all the washing out of the basket, yanking the ironing piles onto the floor.  Everything but playing with your toys!

You scoot around on the furniture to get a better view of everything and are so curious of the world around you.  You have mastered standing on your own for a good 20 seconds at a time which I think is very impressive...and so do you!  When you do this you have a glimmer in your eye and a huge grin on your face as if this is the coolest thing to do ever.  I think you will be walking by the time you are one.

Nanny sings to you all the time.  All the old nursery rhymes that even I don't remember.  You love music and whenever you hear it you bob up and down happily.  You are also learning lots of hand actions to go with the nursery rhymes and songs.  We sing "Five little ducks" and you try to put your fingers up the way that we do to count the little ducks - you have mastered one and two.  I am trying to teach you to put up your finger when we say "How old are you going to be" but you always put two fingers up.  At least you'll be right next year!

This morning we brought you into bed with us because your bedroom was quite cold.  You lay contentedly next to me on the pillow having a bottle.  When you finished you looked me straight in the eyes, and then proceeded to projectile vomit it all over my face and into my mouth!  And it was strange, because it didn't really phase me.  I guess having kids desensitises you these kinds of things and it's true, once you have children you know the true meaning of unconditional love.  Even with the taste of sour milk in my mouth I thought you looked so cute lying on the pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment