Thursday 24 May 2012

On the road...

Lots of warm clothes - check
Toothbrush - check
Undies - check
Ella's paraphernalia consisting of about a million items just for two days away - check
Dog - check
More warm clothes - check

I am counting down the minutes until Tim comes home because when he does we are hitting the road for a little weekend getaway and I couldn't be more excited.  We are off to the farm at Oberon (aka the coldest place in the state) with mum and dad as well as my brother and his family.

I hate the cold weather and it always makes me feel melancholy so lately I have been in one big funk.  The only time I like the cold is when I'm at the farm with my family cosying up near the fire and eating lots of mum and dad's cooking.  I have the fondest memories of that place.  It's the first time that Ella has been and according to the weather report it may even snow which is very exciting also!

In between busily packing the car with all our gear I have been finishing off a cake for a 1st birthday party.  It's for a girl I met through my mother's group.  Her little boy is a few months older than Ella but I was so pleased when she asked me to make the cake for him and was even happier when she requested a Hoot cake.  Ella is a massive fan of Giggle and Hoot and I was toying with the idea of throwing her a Hoot Party for her birthday also.

I showed her the cake and she started bopping up and down in excitement - so cute!

Here's to a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment